BFA Art, Theater Arts. Digital Art & Design and Photography
For Freshman Applying for Admission:
- You can apply online by signing up on the My LIU application page, or accessing the Common Application.
- Download a copy of the Undergraduate Application
- Recommendation Form (for your guidance counselor to complete)
- Secondary School Report
For Transfer Students Applying for Admission:
For International Students Applying for Admission:
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 grade point average or 82 to 85) and an average SAT of 1000 (Math & Critical Reading combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Although incoming freshmen are not required to submit a portfolio for admission into the photography program, they are strongly encouraged to make an appointment to visit the Campus with a collection of their work. This is an excellent opportunity to see the photography studios and have a faculty member see your talents.
- Portfolios are required for students applying for Art Department scholarships. Freshman can sign up to have their work reviewed at Art Portfolio Scholarship Review Days in the fall or spring. To apply for scholarships, click on the Department of Art Scholarships on the left-side of this page.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
Students wishing to transfer into an Art Department program are required to submit a portfolio for evaluation by the Director of the relevant program. More information on portfolio reviews may be found on the Art Portfolio Scholarship Review Days Web site or by calling the Department at 516-299-2464
Transfer students who wish to enter the Digital Art and Design Program (DAD) must submit a portfolio containing both fine art and design-related media. A personal interview is held with members of the DAD faculty to evaluate the artistic skills and competency of the applicant. Students in the program have the opportunity to study with active professional design specialists knowledgeable in the latest production resources. Students graduate with creative concepts and visual communication skills documented in an interactive portfolio which prepares them for the professional field of new media.
For more information on the application process, visit the Admissions Office home page.
B.F.A. IN THEATRE ARTS: DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
Additional Admission Requirements
Students must interview for admission to the B.F.A. in Theatre Arts with a concentration in Design and Production. Applicants will be notified of departmental admissions decisions by the early spring. Mid-year transfer students are contacted individually. All B.F.A. candidates must maintain a 3.0 grade point average in the major.
TO INTERVIEW FOR THE THEATRE ARTS PROGRAM WITH A CONCENTRATION IN DESIGN AND PRODUCTION:
- Apply to LIU Post at www.liu.edu/cwpost/onlineapp.
- Call 516-299-2353 to schedule an interview.
- Portfolio is encouraged, but not required.
Individual interviews are scheduled throughout the year.
Students gain hands-on experience at professional facilities on campus, including the Little Theatre and the Costume and Scene Shops.