The School of the Museum of Fine Arts….
- officially became part of Tufts University’s School of Arts and Sciences in July 2016
- is extraordinary in being part of a major research university and affiliated with a world class museum
- offers students the opportunity to explore art in all of its diverse forms and expressions, while ensuring a high-quality liberal arts education
- enables new ways of teaching and learning by encouraging collaborations among a range of academic and studio areas
- has a unique interdisciplinary, all-elective studio art curriculum
- continually incorporates new media, new concepts, new theories, and new approaches into the studio curriculum
Drawing + Painting
Performance + 3D
- Film + Animation
Print, Paper, + Graphic Arts
- Printmaking + Paper
- Graphic Arts
SMFA at Tufts Portfolio (Required for BFA and Combined Degree BFA + BA/BS applicants)
All applications to the BFA and Combined Degree BFA + BA/BS programs must include an art portfolio.
The ideal portfolio will demonstrate a student’s conceptual development, while highlighting their technical abilities. They encourage students to submit work that they believe to be the strongest representation of their skills and experiences to date, regardless of media.
Submit 15-20 images of recent work and/or up to 10 minutes of time-based work.
Allowed Media Types:
- Images (up to 10MB each)
- Video (up to 500MB each)
- Audio (up to 60MB each)
- PDFs (up to 20MB each)
- 3D Models
- External media from YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud