“The quality of documentation affects perceived quality your work.” – Parsons Professor Cynthia Lawson Jaramillo
Once you’ve put all the hard work in to finishing your portfolio-
You’ll need pay attention to the quality of the photos you take of the Artwork
Behind the Scenes- Art Portfolio Photoshoot 2017 at Ashcan Studio
Have them taken professionally if you can.
If you can’t,
Here are a few Tips:
- Make sure your work is hung flat and straight on the wall and that there is
- Take photographs of your work straight on (centered both vertical and
- Be careful not to angle the camera above, below or from the
- Never use a flash – Use two point -even- studio lighting
or natural light from the outside.
- Take photographs of your work in front of a neutral background
(backdrop paper), or in some cases- on site.
- Crop and alter the image in Photoshop or a similar
- There should be no visible outlines, no shadows and the images
should be sharp and clear.