Visual Arts includes a broad range of fine art including multi-media and performance art. The strongest portfolios convey the artist’s ability to develop and materialize ideas while demonstrating a distinct vision.
The portfolio should demonstrate original thinking and a willingness to take creative risks.
Portfolio must include a total of ten (10) images of your best works from the last two years.
- Five images should be separate works that reflect a cohesive idea, technique, or theme.
- Five should either support the first five or reveal another strength.
A written statement (1-2 pages, double spaced) that includes the following:
Paragraph 1: Describe your point of view as an artist and what motivates you to create.
Paragraph 2: Please describe or comment to the panel on your portfolio selections. This is an opportunity to explain the selections in your portfolio; why you made these decisions on your selections and their relationship to each other and to you as an artist.
Optional: For those submitting video stills/documentation of performance:
Optional 30-60 second video with Audio may be uploaded.
- Receive cash awards of up to $10,000
- Take master classes with accomplished artists such as Daniel Arsham, Olafur Eliasson, Roselee Goldberg, Diana Al Hadid, Jeff Koons, James Rosenquist, Ursula von Rydingsvard, Julian Schnabel, Mickalene Thomas and Carrie Mae Weems
- Become eligible for nomination as a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- Receive a lifetime of mentoring and professional support
- Connect to educational and artistic development opportunities